Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pescatore, Hilo, HI

Recently the Hilo Tribune Herald Newspaper released it's "Best of" for 2012 and the number one rated Italian food in Hilo was listed as Pescatore, downtown Hilo. We had not been there in a long time and decided to give it a try. The familiar 1970's decor hadn't changed a bit. The waitress was very nice. There weren't many choices on the menu but the kitchen was very accomodating with our changes to the standard menu items. I had the special veal parmigiana, not normally on the menu and my friend had an angel hair pasta with a creamy pesto sauce and vegetables.

At first I said to myself, this is not veal, it's cube steak or something, but not wanting to think they were not serving what they were advertising, I just left it as veal that was tough as shoe leather. The tomato sauce was insipid and uninspired. My friend's vegetable pasta creation rated an "I am never eating here again." rating.

When asked how I liked the food I grunted and the response came back, "So glad you liked it." Dinner was overpriced and there were no redeeming qualities to make up for the less-than-stellar food.

No comments:

Post a Comment