Thursday, June 28, 2012

Yen's Cafe, Hilo Hawaii

Yen's Cafe was recommended to us by a foodie as her favorite restaurant in Hilo. Yen's serves a combination of Vietnamese and Chinese dishes. The flavors are bold, fresh and different. I haven't eaten in enough Vietnamese restaurants to know what authentic Vietnamese food tastes like, but I can imagine it's something like this. All the vegetables are grown by the restaurant owners, and wonderfully prepared. I had the number 20, which is a rare steak and noodle soup that was so delicious I ate every bit of the very large portion. I tasted the crepe and vegetables my friend had and they were perfectly prepared and delicious. The prices were very reasonable and the family-served food is very friendly and warm. It's a bit off the beaten path on Wainuenue, near Kinoole Street. If you like Asian cuisine, this is a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment