Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Home Cooking

Tonight we ate at home in Utrecht but I thought I would write about it anyway. We had a wonderful squid ink pasta with mushrooms lightly sauteed in butter, salt, pepper and  a sprinkled Sicilian spice mix, and just as they were getting soft I added thinly sliced summer truffles. This was added to the pasta along with olive oil from a private grove in Spain given to us as a gift, fresh mozzarella cheese, and sliced Sicilian sausage that had been cooked in a tasty chopped tomato marinara. This with a nice baguette and it was a perfect meal. The summer truffle sounded better than it was, as it was lightly flavored that the mushrooms overpowered it. All in all, great stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Well nothing beats cooking at home, although I can't say the same for me. I can't cook to save my life.

    DineWise Coupons

    ReplyDelete