Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cafe de Oriente

The Cafe de Oriente sits in the fabulous Plaza de Oriente nestled between the Madrid Opera and the Palacio Real, a truly incredible park with statues and trees, grass and people. This is a perfect place to relax in the afternoon. This was not really a dining spot for us, but we decided to have a snack an a beer. Of course, I ordered the gaspacho and my friends both had Spanish Tortilla, (Omelette).  The gaspacho was fantastic, as were the tortillas. The Heineken, well was cold and delicious. I highly recommend this as a place to stop in the afternoon for a snack. The menu was large and varied but we focused on the snacks. One thing, as we were leaving, my friend, a Madrid native, said the restaurant was very expensive and we paid for the location. For me, coming from Hawaii, the prices seemed fine. The beers were 4.95 Euro each.

No comments:

Post a Comment